Saturday, August 17, 2013

Catscan~4~

Cindy:

So every 8 weeks mom has a cat-scan of the abdomen, pelvis and chest. Today will be Cat-scan #4 since she started chemo just to make sure the cancer hasn't spread any further. It's kind of funny because you'd think by now we'd be used to the drill...
Don't eat for 3 hrs prior to scan, check in, the same tech always bringing us a barium to drink when she's always supposed to get Iv contrast, argue with the tech about it, have the nurse tell us that the tech was wrong and it's all in the ct order. Have the scan, then wait all weekend for the results wondering if this time will be the time your luck changes and it's spread. Wondering if the constant dizziness, inability to keep her balance, back pain & vomiting, you've noticed recently are related to what they may or may not find. Today is the first time I didn't go with her to a scan other then the weekend I gave birth to El when I missed Chemo. I've been trying to kick a summer cold which doesn't seem to go away and asked my brother to take her which was pretty helpful but for the fact he called me about 20 times in less then an hour to ask me about all of the things I'd already written down for him on a piece of paper from the directions to the hospital to the medications and surgeries she's had over the years. Not that I'm not greatful or appreciate when people volunteer to help, but sometimes I just find it's just so much easier if I just do it myself to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible.

Cindy:

Update~Monday, August 19, 2013

We went to meet with the oncologist this morning who said everything looked good and that the chemo's doing its job. She's showing No Evidence of Metastatic disease which is awesome. The problem is mom has been experiencing a lot of dizziness and issues with her balance lately.  So the doctor decided to order an MRI of the brain to make sure the cancer hasn't spread there.  In the meantime she didn't give her chemo today, on the off chance it has.  Unfortunately, she's extremely claustrophobic so she'll have to wait until the 30th to have the brain MRI under anesthesia.  In the meantime she won't be getting any kind of chemo, I'm just hoping this 2 week break doesn't affect her too negatively. But on the up side she gained a lb this week and actually ate a whole meal in one sitting:-)
















No comments:

Post a Comment