Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hurry Up & Wait...


Cindy:

Monday, October 21, 2013



So since this past Saturday mom has been throwing up, I had been continuously pushing Iv fluids to keep her hydrated in the meantime. I just assumed the vommiting was a side effect from the previous Monday's chemo, surprise,surprise it wasn't. Yesterday when I had to pull over twice in less then 20 minutes for her to throw up on the side of the express way the two very small teaspoons of food she managed to get down all day, I called the doctor who told me it take her to the ER.  But instead of taking her straight to the ER, I diverted a little I decided to reschedule the ct that had been scheduled for next Monday to yesterday @ 6. Because from past experience I knew we'd be sitting in the ER for hours,only to finally get a bed and have to wait several more hours for someone to come get her and take her down to ct and then a few more hours for a radiologist to come up with a preliminary report. So after getting a ct of her abdomen, chest and pelvis we went down to the ER were we proceeded to wait for four more hours before finally being called in, this is what it looked like..
Once the ER doctor read the final report he explained to us that she had a colon infection and started her on cycle of several different antibiotics.
In the meantime she spent the last three days vommiting everything she's put in her mouth including medication and has lost almost 10 lbs since last week. 

Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Yesterday was a pretty rough day, but by last night mom was starting to feel a little better after all of our visitors came,stayed and laughed for a little while.
Luckily enough today after having something to eat for the first time in 5 days, holding it down, and taking around the floor she's doing a little better. Thank you for all the prayers and hope. All we can do is take it one day at a time...




It's been a while since a song has resonated with me on such a personal level and made me cry, because it's so relatable to so many of our circumstances. So I've decided to share it with all of you as corny as it may sound. Whether a caregiver or warrior I think either can relate to the sentiment behind it. I bought the "Fix Me Up" album on iTunes a few months ago and although my husband's sick of it, I love it! Enjoy!!

Here our a couple of links..


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaiyxPK9ZRA&sns=em


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zxXAtmmLLc&sns=em




Friday, October 25, 2013

Yesterday mom ate throughout the day and although she was still having nausea, pain and diahrrea she isn't throwing up which is great news.
Connie brought the kids to visit and that really raised mom's spirits so much so that I decided to keep the baby with us overnight, because I really missed seeing her all week and thought if anyone could take mom's mind off the pain for a little while Ellie could.
Boy was I right..
The doctors said should the other things resolve she might be able to get out of here as soon as Sunday, so I'm crossing my fingers.
Mom seeing Ellie for the first time in a week.


Ellie loving the night view from mama's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment