Saturday, December 28, 2013

One Year Mark~

Cindy:

It's hard to believe that this exact time last year on my daughter's 9th birthday we were experiencing one of the greatest sadnesses I've ever felt when we found  out mom had Stage 4 stomach cancer and was given only 3-6 months to live. 
I remember being 9 months pregnant sitting with her during her very first chemo wondering if she'd make it to El's birth. 
Crying my eyes out while just like a good mother always does, she calmly distracted me the way I would if my 5 year old fell and scraped his knee. 
Having me mark every 3 months on the 27th for a year in her planner. Telling me those would each be huge milestones for us on her way kicking cancer's ass for a whole year goal.
 It worked though and boy was she right..


So here we are 1 year later celebrating mom's just being alive, which by the way is no small feat. 
Along with my daughter's coming Into this world 10 years ago and allowing me to feel one of the greatest joys I've ever felt.
I know as a parent I find myself saying all the time how kind, beautiful and compassionate my children are and how completely fulfilled I am to have them, as I'm sure many others do of their own children.
But I have to say If weren't for the love, commitment & dedication our mother has shown us our whole lives we would't be who or where we are today..

So Lucky to have two of the most beautiful Victoria's be victorious in everything they do and here today, love the two of you more then life.. I win!:-)





No comments:

Post a Comment