Monday, January 13, 2014

Daddy said they're be days like this~

January 13, 2014
Monday 
6:45pm

Sitting in the dentist office because mom has had a  tooth ache since this morning and may need a tooth pulled. 

Now the assistant is telling me we may need clearance from her oncologist first, if she ends up having to have it pulled. Has anyone else had this problem or are we the only lucky ones? 

By the way this would be a lot less amusing if mom didn't look like the guy from Weekend at Bernie's. Thank god for her happy pills....





All done!

If you've ever 
watched golden girls you'll remember Rose was always saying "my old uncle Olaf used to say...."
Well, when I was kid my dad always used to say in Spanish "Dios aprieta, pero no aorca." Which in English basically means God may squeeze you tight, but he'll never strangle you. Which to be honest makes more sense in Spanish, But proved to be very true tonight. 
As I sat filling out the paperwork for mom before seeing the dentist, I wondered how much this was going to put us back since she doesn't have dental coverage and it's been a pretty expensive week already with everything else that's been going on.
I was dreading the total and In my head was figuring that by the time everything was said and done tonight's visit was going to cost me about $500. I thought to myself what else could possibly go wrong this week. Imagine my surprise when I got to the reception area with my credit card in hand waiting to hear the grand total and what I heard instead was that today's visit was totally on them and to just take really good care of my mom. 
I thanked them profusely and tried not to cry in front of my mom because those kind of things never happen to us and as high as she was I didn't want her to freak out and think the squirrel made me do it. :-)
So on my way home I decided to leave her in the car and run into the pharmacy to pick up her antibiotics, took out my credit card to pay for them when the pharmacist that by the way, I'm also on a first name basis with because I see her so darn much saids " there's no charge". Well just then I couldn't hold back the tears I'd been holding back all night. She comes around the counter gives me a hug and said " Cindy, don't cry their only antibiotics." 
Well I started laughing and walked back out to the car, just to find mom eating donuts like they were tic tacs. 
I think it's fair to say she's going to be ok:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment