Sunday, November 22, 2015

Here comes Hospice....

Saturday~ November 21,2015
10:00am

This morning after 3 days of being in bed and non-stop vomiting my mom decided she's ready for hospice. 
Calling hospice, telling my children and calling family members to let them know were some of the most difficult conversations I've had in a long time.
Waiting for them to come and answer everyone's questions have made the minutes feel like hours...
Just praying for a smooth transition now:-(


8:30pm

At around 5pm my brother, sister, mother and I sat down with the hospice nurse to talk about what to expect, ordered all of the things she may need in the coming days oxygen, diapers, suctioning and so forth.
Just glad everyone one was here so I didn't have to repeat the same conversation to each of them.
They increased her pain medicine and added haldol drops to the mix to help with the vomitting. Knowing that there will be someone to call 24 hours a day if I have a question is such a relief. Knowing that they'll come out within an hour of calling if she needs anything at 
All is priceless to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment