Sunday, September 22, 2013

Letting Go...

Cindy:

One of the hardest things to do in life in my opinion is letting go of resentment, hate and a grudge.
The best way I can justify it to myself is whoever can hold the grudge the longest wins..
But As much as I joke about it I think one of the best things about our family is we never have to really say I'm sorry to be sorry.
  Since we were kids no matter how mad we got at each other and even if we didn't talk for days all we had to do to makeup was crack a joke or smile and hug it out without saying the 5 letter word.

I'd like to think if this past year has taught us anything it's that life is too short to live in the past. Although mom didn't really spend any time with us tonight because she hasn't been feeling well since Monday's chemo and doesn't want to catch your cold. 
I want you to know that after everyone left, she did get up for a little while and sat holding my hand telling me how her plan to get you and Sandra to talk and be friends had worked.  
How she had prayed that you would let go of the resentment you've felt towards her. The sister you've have never really had the opportunity to get to know, but are so much like. 
As we sat telling stories from our childhood and laughing tonight, I wished we had never let anything get between this bond that only sisters can share. Because even though dad is no longer a part of our everyday lives, family is hard to come by. 
And I just want you to know how proud of you I am for opening your heart and letting one more person into our tight and exclusive circle.
 You'll never know how with something as simple as having dinner,laughing and welcoming your our sister back into your life, you've helped check one more thing off of mom's never-ending  bucket list.

Love you more then life..I win!


No comments:

Post a Comment